Search This Blog

Thursday 29 December 2011

Wrapping Up 2011

Morning Sun

Good morning! December 29, 2011 nearing the end the year spending time with my baby sister whom I missed and love so dearly. Today is going to be a great day, I can see through the clouds that the sun will shine on us.I look forward to sunny days  during the winter months in BC. Today, is going to be that sunny day, cheers and a big smile with my cup of coffee.

This is one of the best weeks I’ve had since living in BC for 17yrs. We are having so much fun laughing, talking, going places around Vancouver. Everyday we wake up to green smoothies she makes and we also enjoy watching movies. Its been so much fun. I missed my babysister during all these years because she lives in another province and I rarely get to see her.

My niece, jenelle, her daughters, I met for the first time in years yesterday, which was a blessed gift. We laughed, as got caught up. Family is family and we treasure them with unconditional love and acceptance.

What a year I had in 2011, hollah!  At this moment, I will say it was confusing but with endless blessings, hmmm don’t know what to make of it right now.  I spent many hours in solitude down by the shore reflecting and praying. 

At the beginning of 2011 in January 12 I had to deal with a diagnosis of breast Cancer.  The feeling was not of why me, it was more of a feeling that engulfed my entire being and body.  This feeling stayed with me all year.  I never believed that I had cancer; the doctor said I was in denial.  I still think he is wrong! So denial I'll be while I work at keeping healthy.  


My Blessings in 2011

·      Life is valuable and precious and needs to be nurtured
·       Living moment by moment
·      Recognizing that happiness is not in wanting things but enjoying what I have
·       Moments with people is meaningful
·       Appreciate my life, it is a gift
·       Honoring life’s gifts 
·      Seeing and recognizing people’s value
·      Self-discovery, learning to love myself
·      Discovering my inner strengths, it’s an ongoing process
·      Learning new skills like blogging, making green smoothies, and
       researching how to stay healthy
·      Overcoming challenges with close family members in a healthy way
.     Staying positive is less stressful than worrying 

     








2 comments:

  1. Cheers for a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Incredibly strong, lighthearted with the side of reality based in grounded love. keep writing.

    ReplyDelete